Steve Horner's Top 5 Best Quotes
There's something to be said about a guy with no filter. That's Steve Horner, brother of the Independence Party-endorsed gubernatorial candidate Tom Horner. While Tom has made headlines with his political ambitions, Steve has earned himself plenty of space in print and time on the airwaves with his blunt rhetoric and his quest to put the kibosh on Ladies' Nights everywhere. In tribute to a man not afraid to say what's on his mind, here are the top 5 Steve Horner quotes found on the Internet.
1. Steve's take on his legal counsel.
"The lawyer I hired wasn't worth a damn," Horner proclaims. "She just fell into line with the dyke prosecutor, who was nothing more than a bitch with balls."
--"The Makings of an Angry White Guy," published in City Pages in 1997.
2. Steve's take on a Denver County Judge. While he continued to file complaints with the Division of Civil Rights, he was also filing lawsuits in Denver County Court, where he called one judge who ruled against him "a pussy-whipped farthead."
3. Steve's take on liberals. "Liberals are about pro-choice and gay rights. And what's gay rights about? It's about blow jobs and fucking in the ass," he opines, jumping from his chair to slap his knee. "That kind of stuff runs through everyone's mind just before they go to sleep at night. But let's not have parades to celebrate it! Let's not confuse our kids into thinking they have to act on their lust!"
--"The Makings of an Angry White Guy," City Pages 1997.
4. Steve's take on the difference between him and his brother.
"I spent 30 days in the Ramsey County workhouse for nonthreatening phone calls I made to the commissioner of Minnesota's Department of Human Rights for what I believe was her failure to protect my civil rights -- the rights of a balding white guy. I doubt Tom has ever had so much as a traffic ticket."
5. Steve's take on his quest to stop Ladies' Nights. Steve: "Listen, a lot of people tell me, 'Steve, why didn't you just go to another bar?' Rosa Parks stood for the principles of equal rights. A lot of people say 'Well why didn't she just get up and get on another bus?'"
John Oliver: "How's this for a list? Rosa Parks, Nelson Mandela, the girl in Tiananmen square with the flower, and now, Steve horner. What do you think?"
Steve: "And Muhammad Ali."
- A February 2007 episode of The Daily Show.
"It would not be sacrilegious to put me in the same camp as Jesus Christ."
--The Daily Show, 2007.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Steven Timm charged with animal cruelty for harassing, drowning deer
- Cataclysmic boredom propels Stewart Mills into 2016 congressional race
- Man goes to meet prostitute with a trunk full of plastic and a giant empty suitcase