State Patrol releases names of those injured in bus crash
New details have emerged today regarding a bus accident in southern Minnesota yesterday afternoon.
The tour bus was hauling 23 senior gamblers from Diamond Jo Casino in Northwood, Iowa, just south of the Minnesota border on I-35. As the bus headed east on I-90 its driver, Ed Erickson, suffered a chest aneurysm. The vehicle careened off the road shortly thereafter and rolled over in a ditch leaving two dead and 21 injured.
Today the Minnesota State Patrol released the names of those injured in the crash:
• Beverly Cooper, 78, of Rochester
• Richard Cooper, 83, of Rochester
• Prem Deep, 87, of Rochester
• Russell Denzer, 57, of Mohave Valley, Ariz.
• Helen Eubank, 80, of Rochester
• Alice Greene, 72, of Rochester
• Maurice Greene, 72, of Rochester
• Betty Holmquist, 82, of Kasson
• Earl Kesler, 73, of Rochester
• Mary Kesler, 74, of Rochester
• Adele Larson, 85, of Rochester
• Leon Markham, 78, of Mantorville
• Virginia Markham, 75, of Mantorville
• Janice Murphy, 72, of Rochester
• Betty Prigge, 77, of Byron
• Joyce Sievert, 76, of Kasson
• Ardell Swenson, 71, of Austin
• Helen Wilde, 66, of Byron
• James Wilde, 66, of Byron
Of the 23 on board, one escaped unscathed: 76-year-old David Prigge of Byron, MN.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.