Severe Weather Alert
No, it's not your imagination. It is beginning to look apocalyptic out there. Distant echoes of quiet storms approach on the horizon.
The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Weather Alert, and it's a doozy.
BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN
416 PM CDT TUE JUL 21 2009
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN THE TWIN CITIES HAS ISSUED A
* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
SOUTHERN WRIGHT COUNTY IN CENTRAL MINNESOTA...
WEST CENTRAL HENNEPIN COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA...
NORTHWESTERN CARVER COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA...
* UNTIL 500 PM CDT
* AT 414 PM CDT...RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM...CAPABLE OF
PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 3 MILES
SOUTHEAST OF WAVERLY...OR ABOUT 23 MILES NORTHEAST OF HUTCHINSON...
AND MOVING EAST AT 10 MPH.
* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...
IF YOU ARE IN THE PATH OF THIS STORM...PREPARE IMMEDIATELY FOR LARGE
HAIL. SEEK SHELTER NOW INSIDE A STURDY STRUCTURE AND STAY AWAY FROM
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes