Press release of the day: Don't shit yourself for St. Paddy's this year
St. Patty's Day is more than the leprechauns, clovers, and green galore. It's also a time to celebrate the luck of the Irish, and partiers this holiday will consider themselves lucky--that is, if they don't go home wearing brown. Green beer, corn beef and cabbage, and sweet Irish treats may sound yummy for some, but the side effects can be not so pleasant.
Interview Bill Downs, one of the world's foremost experts on diet and digestion, and find out how you can avoid gastrointestinal distress this St. Patty's Day. Bill can discuss what foods and beers are safer and which ones tax the GI tract, and should therefore be avoided when celebrating this holiday.
Downs has over twenty years of expertise in diet, digestion, nutrition science, and biological chemistry. He has also published several peer-reviewed studies, and is the author of the Trafon blog (http://www.Trafon.org), the first 'fart blog' to promote serious discussion about digestive disorders, gastrointestinal diseases, and what people can do about them.
Downs can also discuss:
* The unalterable biochemical processes that cause indigestion
* The little-known reason why dieters and diabetics suffer from uncontrollable gas far more than the general population
* How most people can control indigestion, without resorting to over-the-counter medications
* What causes flatulence (farting)
* Why farts are funny to everyone except the person suffering with them
To arrange an immediate interview with Downs, contact Jackie Zima at 610-642-8253 x138, or at Jackie@GregoryFCA.com.
Thanks for your consideration!
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.