Pawlenty's Obama diaper joke stinks on Fox & Friends [VIDEO]
You know you've gone too far criticizing President Barack Obama when even Fox News trashes your rhetoric as "bad for the country."
But Tim Pawlenty will try anything to get noticed as he edges toward a run for the White House, while trying to shuck the Minnesota Nice and Boring label.
In case you missed it, T-Paw went on Dennis Miller's radio show and called Obama a coward with bladder control issues.
"I think what happens now is the intelligence folks come in and brief him in the morning and he's looking for a pair of Depends," Pawlenty deadpanned.
Those are pretty big words from the former governor of a midwestern state who's never led the country into war, but they're part of a media rollout that's included bad jokes about Lady Gaga and Charlie Sheen, and those silly campaign ads posing as action hero movie trailers.
"For the most part, Tim Pawlenty's a nice guy. Not anymore. Listen to this," Fox & Friends host Gretchen Carlson said this morning, introducing the audio clip.
When it was over, Brian Kilmeade wasn't amused.
"I think that's a little out of hand. I don't think that's appropriate, do you? He represents America," Kilmeade said. "I think that's bad for the country."
But it's all part of the Pawlenty strategy, Carlson added. "The question is, is that acceptable?"
(Hat tip: Mediaite)
Tim Pawlenty, action hero:
- Tim Pawlenty's potential blockbusters: T-Pocalypse Now, Bravepaw, & more
- Tim Pawlenty's new movie trailer is awesomely over-the-top [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Reloaded: 2 Pawlenty 2 Furious
- Tim Pawlenty's ridiculous movie trailers get the Colbert treatment
- Pawlenty III: Return to Pawlenty [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Wars: Revenge of the Tea Party
- Ben Foster, Pawlenty staffer, arrested in Iowa for drunkenness
- Ben Foster, the man behind the vomit
- Tim Pawlenty channels Charlie Sheen: "Winning!" (without tiger blood)
- Susan Giefer's child care license revoked
- Tim Pawlenty announces committee to explore presidential bid [VIDEO]
- Ten Reasons to Elect Tim Pawlenty President of the United States of America
- Tim Pawlenty: Barack Obama really is American
- Tim Pawlenty vs. Donald Trump, Birther
- Dan Savage invites Tim Pawlenty to film "It Gets Better" video
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.