Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann are spending a lot of time these days introducing a version of themselves to voters across the country blessed with not having had to endure them lo these many years.
But in Minnesota, where we know these two presidential wannabes best, big majorities of voters in a new poll say neither of them should run for the White House, the Senate, the House or any other office (dog catcher was apparently not an option).[jump]
The key questions from Public Policy Polling:
Q: Next year would you like Michele Bachmann to run for President, the Senate, the House, or not run for any office?
President: 14% Senate: 3% House:10% No office: 47% Not sure: 6%
Q: Next year would you like Tim Pawlenty to run for President, the Senate, or not run for any office?
President: 28% Senate:17% No office: 47% Not sure: 7%
That's hardly a ringing endorsement.
More from the T-Paw and Bachmann files:
- Bill Pulkrabek, Michele Bachmann's former campaign manager, faces domestic assault charge for Memorial Day strangulation
- Bill Pulkrabek domestic assault victim: Married GOP politico dragged mistress by her hair
- GOP mistress choking happened at Pawlenty adviser's house
- Michele Bachmann says God's calling her to run. Republicans? Not so much
- Dan Rather thinks Michele Bachmann is "very articulate" [VIDEO]
- Michele Bachmann prays for Bradlee Dean's homophobic ministry [AUDIO