Instead, Michele Bachmann decided to freelance with her own State of the Union speech, looked into the wrong camera, and became a national punch line.
Ryan's glad she did.[jump]
During a Q&A at Marquette University, he was asked what he thought about our Sixth District congresswoman stealing his thunder.
"What I see is: Michele threw Saturday Night Live and Jon Stewart off my trail," he said.
Then he added, "That's a joke," in case anyone missed it.
Watch Ryan, then see SNL's mockery of Bachmann here.
Hat tip: Down With Tyranny.
Bachmann's State of the Union:
- CNN justifies airing Bachmann's SOTU speech
- Michele Bachmann vs. Paul Ryan: The videos
- Michele Bachmann lampooned on Saturday Night Live
- Michele Bachmann looked into the wrong SOTU camera on purpose
- Michele Bachmann SOTU behind-the-scenes video
- Michele Bachmann helpfully shows unemployment falling
- Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin" [VIDEO]