Paul Ryan: Michele Bachmann threw SNL, Jon Stewart off my trail [VIDEO]
Paul Ryan, right, figures Michele Bachmann helped him look serious.
Tapped to give the official GOP response to President Obama's State of the Union address, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan should have had the nation's undivided attention.
Instead, Michele Bachmann decided to freelance with her own State of the Union speech, looked into the wrong camera, and became a national punch line.
Ryan's glad she did.
During a Q&A at Marquette University, he was asked what he thought about our Sixth District congresswoman stealing his thunder.
"What I see is: Michele threw Saturday Night Live and Jon Stewart off my trail," he said.
Then he added, "That's a joke," in case anyone missed it.
Watch Ryan, then see SNL's mockery of Bachmann here.
Hat tip: Down With Tyranny.
Bachmann's State of the Union:
- CNN justifies airing Bachmann's SOTU speech
- Michele Bachmann vs. Paul Ryan: The videos
- Michele Bachmann lampooned on Saturday Night Live
- Michele Bachmann looked into the wrong SOTU camera on purpose
- Michele Bachmann SOTU behind-the-scenes video
- Michele Bachmann helpfully shows unemployment falling
- Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin" [VIDEO]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.