Palin hot on Bachmann's heels into Iowa
Whatever she's been doing in Iowa, it's paying off for Michele Bachmann, because she's now second only to Mitt Romney in the first Des Moines Register poll of 2012 GOP presidential hopefuls.
That gives America's Craziest Congresswoman a boost when she announces her official entry into the 2012 official today in Waterloo.
And of course it's a pure coincidence that Sarah Palin just happens to be blowing into the state the very next day.
Just like it was purely a coincidence that Palin happened to be touring New Hampshire the same day Mitt Romney announced his campaign, sucking all the air out of Romney's media environment with a nod and wink without actually having to dirty her hands.
Unlike Palin, Bachmann is actually hustling for the tea party votes and shamelessly brown nosing Iowans. The only thing Palin's doing is what she's always done since helping John McCain lose the 2008 presidential race, and quitting her job as Alaska's governor: Promoting her personal brand.
So Palin's going to be in Pella, Iowa, on Tuesday, to promote a movie-length work of pubic relations about herself titled -- apparently without irony -- "The Undefeated."
- Rolling Stone's Michele Bachmann story follows City Pages blueprint
- G.R. Anderson on Rolling Stone's Bachmann piece: "I do want credit where credit is due"
- Bachmann makes bold play for black vote, claims she's better for blacks than Obama
- Michele Bachmann flunks Canadian economics
- Bachmann rips Obama for using tax dollars the same way she does
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- UnitedHealth is getting even richer on Obamacare
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- The Top 10 T-shirts of the Minnesota State Fair
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: With new & improved fecal insults!