Forget the swine flu outbreak: Wisconsin has citizens letting their babies snack on cocaine. We've got bigger issues to deal with here.
Beloit, Wis. police said a 4-year-old is in critical condition after overdosing on cocaine Saturday. Another child in the home was also removed by Child Protective Services so that kid doesn't try crack too.
More from the Associated Press:
Capt. William Tyler said Monday that investigators do not yet know how the child got the drug. No arrests have been made.Maybe it isn't obvious, but cocaine should be kept out of the reach of children. You know, the same way you should keep your guns, knives, and other dangerous objects away from kiddos. Perhaps just a good form of birth control would have served you well and then you wouldn't have to worry about kids on coke.
Tyler says police were notified about the incident late Saturday afternoon after the child was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital. The child was later transferred to a children's hospital in Milwaukee.