Obama's Union Depot speech: Top tweets [VIDEO]
President Barack Obama outlined his ambitious transportation agenda during a speech this afternoon at St. Paul's Union Depot, and full video of his remarks are available on page three of this post.
But you'll have to read about what he actually said elsewhere. Instead, for your browsing pleasure, we bring you the ten most entertaining tweets we saw about Obama's Minnesota cameo:
10. Of course it went there
-- Andy Gifford (@andygifford) February 26, 2014
9. In some possible world
If Mitt Romney was President, he would be speaking in a non-Union Depot.
-- Robert Moffitt (@justplainbob) February 26, 2014
8. Well, some people do blame him for everything
-- Chris Steller (@chris_steller) February 26, 2014
7. St. Paul was in lockdown this morning as Lowertown prepared for the president
-- Joseph Lindberg (@JosephLindberg) February 26, 2014
6. Some wanted Obama to take an active involvement in local transportation issues
So Obama is here to make a decision on #SWLRT right?
-- Longfellow Fellow (@emoeby) February 26, 2014
(For the top five, click to page two.)
"Roads are wrecked, full of potholes, all across the country," Obama says to a sympathetic Minn. audience.
-- Kevin Hoffman (@panopticon13) February 26, 2014
Potholes! Now Obama is pandering.
-- Tom Elko (@tomelko) February 26, 2014
4. ... and the weather
President Obama, comparing Minnesota weather to Chicago: "This is balmy. This is great." Photo: Richard Sennott pic.twitter.com/s5lTHP8E2y
-- Star Tribune (@StarTribune) February 26, 2014
3. Speaking of the weather, Obama probably wishes he could've sent a hologram of himself instead
-- Sara Pelissero (@sarapelissero) February 26, 2014
2. Just like that Destiny's Child song:
-- Betsy Hodges (@MayorHodges) February 26, 2014
1. Unfortunately, Obama headed back to D.C. before happy hour
"I'm here in Minnesota to say one thing: enough already with the taprooms, Minneapolis. Jesus." --Obama
-- RandBall's Stu (@RandBallsStu) February 26, 2014
BONUS LATE-BREAKING TWEET
In MN, February beats YOU. || RT @keithellison: I agree with President Obama: you cannot beat February in Minnesota!!
-- Seward Co-op (@sewardcoop) February 26, 2014
And to watch video of Obama's speech, click to page three.
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at email@example.com.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- John Kline once again fights against workers' rights
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Black Lives Matter shuts down the governor’s neighborhood, reveals new police...
- Vikings demand "positive promotion" in exchange for cheerleader interview