No beer, not enough seats for Vikings vs Bears
TCF Bank Stadium: No beer here.
It's not clear when The Great Excavation at TCF Bank Stadium will be complete, but two other mysteries have been solved ahead of the Vikings hosting the Bears on Monday Night Football.
There will be no beer served at the stadium, and the seating solution sounds like a game of musical chairs writ very, very large.
Booze at the Bank has been an issue since the day the stadium opened, so nothing's changed there, really. And don't try to sneak any in, either.
Seatings a whole other problem. There are roughly 14,000 fewer seats at TCF Bank Stadium than the Metrodome, and the team says that Vikings-Bears ticket holders will be admitted on a general admission, first-come-first-served basis.
Fans with lower-level (100 level) tickets can sit in the lower level at the Bank. Gates open at 5 p.m. Upper-level (200 level) ticket holders will sit in the upper level at the Bank. Gates open for those folks at 5:30 p.m. When the seats on all level are full, no one else will get in. Refunds will be available. Details here.
This scenario carries the likely promise of pissed off ticket holders. Too bad they won't be able to drown their sadness in suds.
- TCF Bank Stadium: Video of "The Hopeful Shovelers"
- Metrodome collapse: Proof global climate change is a hoax!
- TCF Bank Stadium shoveling video
Get paid to shovel TCF Stadium for Monday Night Football
- Digging out TCF Bank Stadium: Photo of the day
- 5 funniest blizzard people videos
- Maintenance man escapes Metrodome collapse in fork lift
- Metrodome collapse: Video from inside the stadium
- Metrodome collapse: Video shows roof failure frame-by-frame
- Metrodome collapse: Somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
- Metrodome collapse forces Vikings and Giants to Detroit
- Blizzard snow totals in the Twin Cities
- Blizzard socks the Twin Cities: Photos and video
- Twin Cities Blizzard 12/11/10: Your pictures
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Sketchy Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill empire crumbles
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Anti-abortion investigators' shocking revelation: U does research
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: 'I can't believe Shitty Pages...'