Mischke show notes: Nov. 23, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with T.D. Mischke it's the British Advertising Awards. Coming to the Walker in one week.
On the show I'll interview Peter Bigg, British Television Advertising Awards Administrator as he prepares for his trip to our neck of the woods to host the big show at the Walker. Brimming with creativity and chosen by top advertising executives and producers across the globe, these sly, sexy, hilarious, and thought-provoking British advertisements have been a Walker Arts Center highlight for 21 years. The program this year includes dancing marionettes, monkeys, and nudists as well as American celebrities Snoop Dogg, Rob Lowe, and Anjelica Huston hawking products to UK audiences. You'll also catch an '80s flashback for Virgin Airlines, a scandalous piece for Guess apparel, and highlights from the history of 20th-century Britain condensed into 120 seconds for a bread commercial. Among the standouts this year is a spectacular skydiving stunt for Honda that was broadcast live.
- Tune in from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below.
- Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091 Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
- Check out the previous shows in the archives or subscribe to the iTunes podcast. If you are having problems downloading the show via iTunes, please try using a browser other than Internet Explorer.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes