Mischke show notes: Nov. 2, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with T.D. Mischke:
- Author Bob Butz planned his own green burial over a three-month period. In an informative interview, Butz takes on traditional funeral procedures and provides an alternative way to go out of this world. Having witnessed numerous funeral rites, Butz decided to take his departing from this life into his own hands, literally, investigating green burial sites, biodegradable coffins and even practicing digging his own grave. Butz says that when it's time to go horizontal forever why not go back to Mother Nature naturally? The Growing Movement Toward Natural Burial Preserves and Cemeteries. Join the conversation, won't you?
- What do these ultra modern fireplaces all have in common? An aesthetic lack of ultra warmth, that's what Don't people know what a fireplace is for? It's where one goes for comfort.These offer cold comfort. Cold comfort, indeed.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Black Lives Matter races cops to the Twin Cities Marathon, protests peacefully
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Glenville kids have been harassing an elderly woman for decades
- Michael Casey's "You Matter" movement turns depression to positivity