Mischke show notes: May 7, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- I like it when porn stars do things that have nothing to do with porn. Doesn't matter what it is. If it has nothing to do with porn, and a porn star is doing it, it's interesting. For instance, "Porn Star Opens Hardware Store," I'm reading that story straight away. I'd also be checking out a story about a porn star robbing a bank or nabbing the Guinness record for automobile tire repair. You give me any news story and I can make it more interesting by making the subject a porn star.
- Was "The Soviet War in Afghanistan" a film? If so, I found it's director. He's dead. Does a guy wearing that many medals on his chest impress you, or does a certain number of medals begin to result in an inverse degree of adulation?
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Slowly, Lake Calhoun is losing its weird tribute to Mr. Slavery
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- Kitty Westin wants to save parents from having to bury a child
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner says toy hamster stole her name and her looks