Mischke show notes: March 31, 2009
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- The toaster is 100 years old here in 2009. This is worth noting. But it doesn't change the fact that this is hardly an interesting hobby.
- Now if you were into, say, bananas instead, that'd be different. That's a legit hobby.
- Ultimately, however, the serious and sober among us realize that live is short, and if you're going to make your mark, you collect items with meaning and purpose.
- I just read my umpteenth news story of someone being killed "execution style." I'm sure you've heard the term often yourself. If I'm ever killed, and you're in charge, would you do me a favor and kill me in a style less overdone. I like the merciful speed of "execution style," but it's hardly novel. We all long to have style. But style impresses most when originality is present. So kill me "elocution style." And throw the press a curve ball.
- What do you have in your head?
- We're not talking Rihanna and Chris Brown here. I guess this is supposed to be more playful.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Creepy neighbor disrupts St. Anthony Village parents' suburban bliss
- Friendship comes at a price for the new Seward co-op
- Lake Elmo's beautiful greensward threatened by disuse and developers