Mischke show notes: March 30, 2008
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- When I encountered this face on the cover of my Sunday New York Times magazine, I had two thoughts. If global warming is in fact not a threat, and not man- made, than this could be the face of a kindly old man, an avuncular relative come to help us all out. But if climate change is indeed the great concern of our time, and this is the leader of the "it's all bullshit" movement, than isn't it fascinating to imagine you're staring into the very face of Satan? Doesn't he look like he could indeed be the devil himself? What else would an incarnated Anti-Christ look like? This is him, man!
- This, from the daily newspapers of London: "The happiest people in Britain are called Judy or Joshua while the most miserable are likely to be Lynn or Ben." A study has confirmed this. So, if you just had twin girls would you help me out? Name one Judy and one Lynn, and let's keep tabs on these rascals for a couple decades. It'll be fun. Five will get you ten Lynn eventually kills Judy. Sure, you'll lose a kid, but you'll help the rest of us with naming decisions.
- I'm a white guy, dying to show you I know how to dunk a basketball: Okay, well, I can for sure make free throws, I know that.
- God digs white people..... Headline from the front page of today's St. Paul Pioneer Press: "Fargo Prayers Are Answered." Did some reporter determine this is indeed true? Where'd he or she get confirmation I know with Katrina God told those poor suckers to "buck up and take it."
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
NEW: Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- UnitedHealth is getting even richer on Obamacare
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- The Top 10 T-shirts of the Minnesota State Fair
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: With new & improved fecal insults!