Mischke show notes: March 24, 2009
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- I'm stupefied, mesmerized and terrified by this story. This is what starts the show today.
- People are getting rid of their credit cards, starting to be more frugal. Many Americans now are consciously trying to save, and put some money away for the future. This, of course, has resulted in a new American affliction. Ailment 10,875: Savers Remorse!!!!!!! Of course I wish I were joking.
- Hidden meanings in song lyrics? Mischke! You're not going to lean on that old topic for show material are you? My God, if you need callers just talk abortion, capital punishment, the legalization of drugs or gun control. Wait... what? There's fresh new timely information just out? Well, why the hell didn't you say so, that makes it news, boy!!!!!
- If you had an MRI machine in your basement, can you honestly say you'd reserve it for medical diagnostics? C'mon, you'd try it out on different things. Eventually you'd be examining everything you could think of with it. Including, oh, I don't know, Chicken McNuggets I suppose. Ah, it's all so tempting. Go on, knock yourself out.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Slowly, Lake Calhoun is losing its weird tribute to Mr. Slavery
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- Kitty Westin wants to save parents from having to bury a child
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner says toy hamster stole her name and her looks