Mischke show notes: March 16, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- PETA wants to make tofu from George Clooney's sweat. I would have bet you, a week ago, that such a story would never exist at any news site. I would have lost that bet. What bet will I lose concerning next week's headlines?
- New Wisconsin state slogan: "Live Like You Mean It." These guys are going down on the show today I mean they're going down hard.
- World's oldest joke book found. A 3rd century Roman Empire offering. I've gotten a glimpse of it. Guess what joke number one happens to be? I'll just give you the punchline: "Rectum? Damn near killed him!" Seriously. More on this during the program.
- In a tough economy, college graduates, looking for careers, are beating a path to the funeral industry. That's where the money is, folks. The message is, get over your squeamishness and embalm somebody. Once you can get past the smell you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Friendship comes at a price for the new Seward co-op
- Lake Elmo's beautiful greensward threatened by disuse and developers
- U of M student Rahsaan Mahadeo awarded, then arrested for his activism