Mischke show notes: March 11, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- Newsweek reports that while Obama may still have the support of the people, "the establishment" is already turning on him, mumbling that he may not have what it takes. What? The guys been in the office 49 days! Ah well. So it goes. Let's yank him and try Biden. Of course Biden has more experience so let's only give him 'til the weekend to prove himself.
- Utah tops the latest happiness poll. West Virginia sits at the bottom. Minnesota, nothing to brag about, somewhere in the middle. However, we top the "in a weird mood today" poll. That's at least something.
- According to Italian fashion designers "the mannish lady boss" look is the hot new look on fashion runways. The mannish lady boss look? That's the thing I have going on, people! And I was into it long before there was a name for it! This is bullshit!
- Extreme cheapskates are growing in number nationwide. More and more Americans fitting this description, what with the rough economy and all. What tips can any of you extreme types give the rest of us. What special extreme ways are you finding to save money. You're not making soap out of the family pet are you?
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Sketchy Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill empire crumbles
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Anti-abortion investigators' shocking revelation: U does research
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: 'I can't believe Shitty Pages...'