Mischke show notes: June 16, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- There are some days when I long for some army to attack our shores. Just to help wake people up to the important things in life. Today, in Toledo, this issue is actually front and center. Here, the enemy of local government is, well, see for yourself.
- Day is turned into night. Okay, I've seen that happen once or twice in my life. But how about night being turned into day. I figure it'd have to work something like this: Lightening would need to get stuck in the "on" position during an overnight thunderstorm. Scientists wouldn't quite be able to figure it out but the lightening would be stuck, sort of frozen in mid-air, for up to 45 minutes, allowing folks to step outside and perhaps barbecue. Freakier weather stories have been told, folks. This WILL happen in our lifetime (okay, maybe not the barbecue part).
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Why we removed a controversial post
- Homeless youth Don Turner chases down thief in downtown Minneapolis
- Mall of America protest case costs Black Lives Matter's Adja Gildersleve an apartment