Mischke show notes: July 30, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- Extraordinary that no editor would catch this.
- I just have to do this: Yesterday I passed along, in my show notes, the odd story of the woman having a real human ear stitched to her butt. Well, 24 hours later, we have two more stories. This poor girl here, whose been through more than anyone should have to go through on this earth, has had a nose stitched onto her wrist.
- It's for the very same reason the woman had the ear stitched to her butt. And then here we have a man getting a human ear stitched, not to his butt, to his stomach. Golly these are wondrous times.
- On this date in 1898, the very first ad for a car. How strange to be the very first one to encourage folks to chuck their horse. The waterways people traveled back then were alive, the horses were too. We've been riding on dead shit ever since.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes