Mischke show notes: Jan. 22, 2010
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with T.D. Mischke:
- We have a cub! Came into the world at about 11:35 a.m. today. Saw its tiny skinny arm reach out to it's mothers face and heard those sweet human like baby sounds live. First time in all of history humans have witnessed this. Of course, soon after servers everywhere crashed. Too much traffic.
- My guest in the stream today: A local Rabbi. In its four years of existence, Yeshiva High School has exceeded expectations in every area except one -- raising money -- and that might be the one that kills it. The only Jewish boarding school in the Twin Cities needs to come up with $600,000 in donations and pledges to pay off its mortgage by Feb. 7 or it will be forced to close. Why is this school so special, and what are they up against?
- Lastly: Andrea Swensson has a special announcement about Hatti and local music.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below.
Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091 Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives or subscribe to the iTunes podcast. If you are having problems downloading the show via iTunes, please try using a browser other than Internet Explorer.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Why we removed a controversial post
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:07pm
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
- Homeless youth Don Turner chases down thief in downtown Minneapolis
- Mall of America protest case costs Black Lives Matter's Adja Gildersleve an apartment