Mischke show notes: Jan. 12, 2010
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with T.D. Mischke:
- Go swimming with Gene Kent Nitz. He has traveled the world for business and pleasure, all the while collecting interesting historical tidbits. He has never applied for a job in his life. Gene has edited newspapers, managed theaters, expanded a film theater chain, negotiated union contracts, wrote publicity campaigns for foreign films and operated a travel agency. He is the author of "The Little Book of Rare and Unpublished Oddities."
- Also:" Traveling the movie miles with Nylez. Looking at two very different four-star films, "Goodbye Solo" and "Crazy Heart."
- Lastly: Patching things up between Old Pauley and City Page's own Judd Spicer. I'll explain on the program as I invite the two of them on together for a pow-wow.
The water's wicked wet-heads.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below.
Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091 Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives or subscribe to the iTunes podcast. If you are having problems downloading the show via iTunes, please try using a browser other than Internet Explorer.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Who's regulating Clearwater Kennel, one of America's "worst puppy mills"?
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Minnesota's first nonprofit pet clinic draws visitors across the Midwest
- Scott Walker wants to protect us from the Canadian menace