Mischke Show Notes: Dec. 2, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with T.D. Mischke:
- Tiger Woods announces he's gay. I mean Meredith Baxter announces she's gay. Tiger Wood's wife announces she's leaving. I mean Tom Cruise's wife is leaving him. Mischke announces he's leaving, I mean he's gay, I mean he's leaving the issue of whether or not he's gay to Meredith Baxter's first three husbands, who all say they no longer can tell on this stuff.
- David Hansen makes his weekly appearance and talks "world's greatest spy:" Richard Sorge worked as a journalist in both Germany and Japan during World War Two. He was eventually imprisoned and hanged. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest spies in all of history. A little-known conspiracy theory of the Cold War holds that Richard Sorge was only "mock-executed" by the Japanese and was actually returned to the Soviet Union where he continued to work for the KGB. Hansen is reading volumes on this guy and has more to say than there's time for in any given lifetime.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below.
Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091 Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives or subscribe to the iTunes podcast. If you are having problems downloading the show via iTunes, please try using a browser other than Internet Explorer.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes