Mischke Show Notes: Dec. 1, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with T.D. Mischke:
- Hermits. I'm fascinated by them. I may want to be one. I found an older couple in the mountains of the Carolina's who cater to them. They'll be on by phone. I'll talk hermits today. You should listen to me do that. I'll buy you a beer if you do.
- Sports talk. Not just any old sports, Mischke-type sports talk. It's going to get weird, with Judd Spicer, as we have our weekly chat, and I drill him with a slew of odd questions that I've put together. Rapid fire they're going to come at him, bang bang bang, 'til he's dead.
- Jesse Ventura. He's out there. I like that. He only talked to one local newspaper this autumn: City Pages. The guy writing the big piece on him for this week's issue is on my show today. Meet Hart Van Denburg. He'll buy you a beer.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below.
Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091 Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives or subscribe to the iTunes podcast. If you are having problems downloading the show via iTunes, please try using a browser other than Internet Explorer.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Homeless youth Don Turner chases down thief in downtown Minneapolis
- Protest participation costs Black Lives Matter's Adja Gildersleve an apartment
- Al Franken wants to make college textbooks free