Mischke show notes: April 9, 2009
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- For the first time, scientists have been able to photograph lightning inside a plume of ash spewing from an actively erupting volcano. Alaska's Mount Redoubt has rumbled back to life and scientists have found a way to peer through the dust and gas and photograph the lightning storm happening within. Lightning commonly flashes in the tumultuous clouds that are belched out during volcanic eruptions. Now, you've lived long enough to actually get a look at it. Aren't these wondrous times. Stay healthy, live long, and see more cool things in the future.
- Talkin' BRA-ttitude today campers! Yeah, you heard me right. What is your bra-ttitude? Put another way, "what is your bra saying to you right now? Hey, I just find the stuff in the news and bring it to you. Don't beat up on me. I love the idea of bras communicating with us during our busy day. They must have a bitch of a time getting a word in edgewise. Are we even listening? Well, today on the show, I'm listening! In fact, I'm taking calls from bras. Oh bla dee, Oh bla da, give a call BRA! La la la la give a call!
- What would you rather experience? This or this?
- They're heading out once more. Scientists chasing tornados. These are not kids and this is not a game. They have much to learn and they're serious about it. But my prayer is that they have the same wild visceral eyes-wide thrill these boys had:
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- UnitedHealth is getting even richer on Obamacare
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- The Top 10 T-shirts of the Minnesota State Fair
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: With new & improved fecal insults!