Mischke show notes: April 6, 2009
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- Today is the last Twins home opener at the Metrodome, the building from hades. I write about this abomination in this weeks issue of City Pages. I was looking at some of my research material today and noticed that the Metropolitan Sports Commission actually requested prior to construction, that the stadium be an "austere" structure. They used that exact word. Well, that was pulled off in spades was it not? Who actually asks for a civic building to have that particular aesthetic quality? Definition of austere: stern and cold in appearance, giving little or no scope for pleasure. Bullseye, boys. You did it! Now tear it down and apologize.
- On the program today we're going shopping for chimpanzees. Join us won't you. We're not hunting for the rip your face off breed, but we're seriously making calls and making offers. By show's end I expect to have a new producer.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes