Mischke show notes: April 27, 2009
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- I don't know how you live almost five decades in this country and never learn of such a story, but I'm encountering this one for the first time. It could be old news to you, and obviously is to some, but I don't expect to encounter a more intriguing little tale this week. So for those, like me, who had no idea this existed, read of a fine little mystery on this gray cold Monday. Perhaps print it out and enjoy it tonight around the fireplace.
- What the...
- GM has decided to kill Pontiac. That storied brand is dead, folks. It's over. I wanted to pay my respects and say good-bye, so I went to the official Pontiac website. The first words to hit me in bold brash type? "Total Confidence." Might want to pull that line, boys.
- Idaho man excavating says he's uncovered the hand of God in giant stone. It appears to be waving. Waving? I'd tend to believe him if the hand were giving us the finger. War, Swine Flu, the bad economy. C'mon, God's sticking it to us this year. (Oh wait, I get it, he's waving good-bye)
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Nicole Curtis hates 'affordable housing' that replaced south Minneapolis homes
- Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau will keep her job, but not without critics
- Minnetonka Schools remain oddly silent after teen assaults Chris Carr's daughter
- Luke McAvoy, ex-Minnesota football player, comes out in powerful essay