Mischke show notes: April 20, 2009
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- Police in Bloomington say a 23-year-old man is in stable condition after he pretended that he was falling off a bridge over the Minnesota River, then actually fell off the bridge. Question: What would you like to be pretending you're doing, only to find out you're actually doing it?
- Quote of the Day: "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way." -Charles Bukowski
- Is it really this easy? In these tough economic times, is it honestly just this simple? Is this all one has to do to increase business? It doesn't seem like it should work. It's too simple minded, too easy. But this IS working. Could it work for others? Who should try it next, here in the Twin Cities?
- That people work on this, strive for this, put their effort into this type of original art, that's reason enough to be alive. Just to see such beauty.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Steven Timm charged with animal cruelty for harassing, drowning deer
- Cataclysmic boredom propels Stewart Mills into 2016 congressional race
- Man goes to meet prostitute with a trunk full of plastic and a giant empty suitcase