Mischke show notes: April 14, 2009
Photo by Steve Cohen for City Pages
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- You thought SEALS were the ticket to stopping Somali pirates. I argue dolphins are just as effective.
- It's a celebration of unattractive, unfortunate vehicles. Monterey, California, Aug 15th. But, looking at a list of supposed ugly cars, I find I'm charmed by several of them, and wondering how they could make the list.
- Thirty-three seconds in he quietly mentions he's "passing out." Glenn Beck sort of giggles. He then mentions it a couple more times. Got to give the guy credit for telegraphing exactly what was about to occur.
- He's Gone. Dead at 54. He was a childhood hero of mine. Take five minutes to watch this video and see what a lovable, quirky guy he was.
Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and feel free to leave comments about today's show below. Call and talk to Mischke live on the air: (651) 330-4091
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Minnesota Reps. Tim Kelly, Tara Mack ticketed for "making out" in a car
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
- Lake Calhoun gets guerrilla-style name change
- John Kline once again fights against workers' rights