Reader Anthony James responds to Hispanic fan sues Vikings, Minneapolis cops for 'violent attack' at U.S. Bank Stadium:
I was born in Minneapolis, but I lived in Florida, Virginia and North Carolina for most of my life. A few years ago I took a chance and moved up here. Minnesota is the first place where people have been openly racist toward me.
I worked as an Uber driver for a while and had a guy fling the door open and ask, "Are you a FOREIGNER?" It happened on a street which was just a few miles away from the hospital where I was born, and in the neighborhood I was named after.
I had an office job and people kept making lawn work and Mexican jokes at my expense, even though I am 0% Mexican (I have Cuban heritage).
And so on. It's been disgusting.
- Black Lives Matter protest shooter Allen Scarsella guilty on all counts
- Gustavus Adolphus students post racist flyers to prove a point about racism
- U of M frat's alleged 'The Bachelor' notes are racist, sexist, and under investigation
- Netflix's 'Dear White People' series has release date and trailer, racists freak out on Twitter
- Racist graffiti targets Asian family in Oakdale