Minneapolis winter parking restrictions start Friday
The post-blizzard news keeps getting worse.
Starting tomorrow, and until April 1 unless the City says otherwise, it will be against the law to park your car on the even-numbered sides of city streets.
That is to say, about half of the available on-street parking in Minneapolis is about to be out of bounds.
A pain in the neck for sure, but the rule means that emergency vehicles will be able to get around unhampered, and that's a good thing.
Pay attention. Don't get towed.
You may park on designated Snow Emergency routes, parkways and along the odd-numbered side of non-Snow Emergency routes.
There are exceptions. No parking on Bryant Avenue South from Lake Street to 50th Street and Grand Avenue South from Lake Street to 48th Street.
Snow Emergency rules will still apply if and when the city announces them following snow storms during the winter.
Violate the rules and you're liable to ticketed or towed. Need to know more? Here's the city's website.
- TCF Bank Stadium shoveling video
Get paid to shovel TCF Stadium for Monday Night Football
- Digging out TCF Bank Stadium: Photo of the day
- 5 funniest blizzard people videos
- Maintenance man escapes Metrodome collapse in fork lift
- Metrodome collapse: Video from inside the stadium
- Metrodome collapse: Video shows roof failure frame-by-frame
- Metrodome collapse: Somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
- Metrodome collapse forces Vikings and Giants to Detroit
- Blizzard snow totals in the Twin Cities
- Blizzard socks the Twin Cities: Photos and video
- Twin Cities Blizzard 12/11/10: Your pictures
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter