Minneapolis tornado: Videos from the scene
It's a wonder the casualty list wasn't greater.
Looking at the videos and photographs of the devastation caused by Sunday's tornado in north Minneapolis, it's clear that casualties could easily have been worse. More than 100 homes were destroyed, but just one person was killed, and about 30 were injured.
An exclusion zone has been established on the North Side, from Bassett Creek in the southwest to north 42nd Avenue and Lyndale in the northeast, to allow emergency workers unfettered ability to get their jobs done. [Map and details here]:
More on the tornado:
- Minneapolis tornado kills one person, rips up homes
- Twin Cities tornado damage 2011: Your photos
- Minneapolis tornado: Videos from the scene
- Pawlenty strangely silent on tornado damage to Minnesota
- Minneapolis tornado "exclusion zone" map and details
- Rybak declares disaster, City Council plans emergency meeting
- Xcel says 11,000 tornado victims still without power
- Rob MacIntyre, Raptor Resource Project director, ID'd as tornado victim
- How to help tornado victims in North Minneapolis
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Rising rents putting the hurt on Twin Cities working folks
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- What does Black Lives Matter want from the Minnesota Fair?
- The dentist lion killer Halloween costume is here