Minneapolis' social media mafia: Who gets the most love?
- Lee Aase is the social media strategist at Mayo Clinic and the force behind Social Media University Global.
- Connie Bensen is the director of community strategy and architecture at Alerian.
- Paul DeBettignies is an IT recruiter showing people how to use social media to hunt for jobs during the recession.
- Jason DeRusha is WCCO-TV's "Good Question" guy, blogger, tweeter and Facebooker.
- Jason DeBoer-Moran links higher education with students and prospects using social media.
- Jen Kane is the owner of Kane Consulting, an online marketing and communications firm that, among other things, educates Minnesota businesses in how to use social media tools.
- Gary Koelling is a co-founder of Best Buy's Blue Shirt Nation, a behind-the-firewall social media tool for the company's employees.
- Rick Mahn is a social media strategist and the founder of Social Media Breakfast, a networking meet-up in the Twin Cities.
- Albert Maruggi produces the Marketing Edge podcast.
- Lee Oden is the CEO of Top Rank Marketing and blogs about online public relations.
- Julio Ojeda-Zapata is the technology writer for the Pioneer Press, an evangelist urging journalists to adopt social media as a reporting tool and the author of Twitter Means Business: How Microblogging Can Help or Hurt Your Company.
- Paul Saarinen is a media advisor at Bolin Marketing & Advertising.
- Greg Swan is a social media strategist at Weber Shandwick.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Black Lives Matter marches on the Fair with heavy police escort, few hecklers
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Vester Lee Flanagan could have just as easily bought a gun in Minnesota
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse