Minneapolis ranked 13th most pot-loving community
April 20's a bit of mythical date for those who partake of the herb, and The Daily Beast took the opportunity to check in with some "experts" and consult some statistics to create it's Top 40 Most Pot-Loving Communities.
Minneapolis comes in at No. 13. Maybe we'd have ranked higher if the fancy new Twins stadium didn't look down on tokers.
- Population: 358,896
- Regular Users: 8.8%
- Pot Culture: 6 out of 10
- Arrests per 100,000 residents: 301
- NORML chapter?: No
- Pothead Hangout: Open spaces and abandoned lots. Wild marijuana is growing like a weed in unkempt spots in the Minneapolis area. "It's all over the place," according to Sheriff Rich Stanek
Here's the Top 20:
1-Eureka, CA 2-Tallahassee, FL 3-New York, NY 4-Boston, MA 5-San Francisco, CA 6-Portland, OR 7-Chico, CA 8-Seattle 9-Burlington, VT 10-Detroit, MI 11-Albany, NY 12-Portland, ME 13-Minneapolis, MN 14-Anchorage, AK 15-Ithaca, NY 16-Sacramento, CA 17-Morgantown, WV 18-Syracuse, NY 19-Boulder, CO 20-Jacksonville, FL
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes