Michele Bachmann's getting antsy: "We may move that up"
Huckabuck's out of the GOP presidential race. The Donald took his hair and went home. Rick Santorum's accusing former POW John McCain of failing to understand the need for torture. Serial philanderer Newt Gingrich is imploding over Medicare. Could the GOP field get any crazier?
Maybe we'll find out sooner than later, because Rep. Michele Bachmann is getting antsy.
"We may move that up," she told Fox News today of her decision about whether to throw her hat in the ring.
"Well, I think what this has changed is the grassroots, and what they're looking for," she said. "Our phones have been ringing off the hook, our Facebook has been lit up, our donations are pouring in. And people are saying, 'Michele, jump in, we want you to run.' And we had announced earlier that we would be looking at a June entry date for a decision one way or another about this race. Possibly, we may move that up."
All we ask for now is that she debate Amy Myers so we'll know for sure whether she's smarter than a high school sophomore.
- Mrs. Potatohead: Michele Bachmann cites Constitution to defend spuds
- Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?
- Meet Amy Myers, the teen who challenged Michele Bachmann to a debate
- Bachmann named to Time's 'Most Influential' list
- Where Bachmann gets her money
- Michele Bachmann compares taxes to Holocaust
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Who's regulating Clearwater Kennel, one of America's "worst puppy mills"?
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Minnesota's first nonprofit pet clinic draws visitors across the Midwest
- Scott Walker wants to protect us from the Canadian menace