Michele Bachmann vs. Paul Ryan: The videos
Michele Bachmann stealing the spotlight.
Wonky Wisconsin GOP Rep. Paul Ryan offered his party's official response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union speech last night.
It was filled with big numbers, dire predictions about economic doom and gloom unless we buckle down, eat our oatmeal, darn the holes in our socks, and let big health insurance companies prey on us freely.
Then it was Michele Bachmann's turn and things really got scary. Her preferred metaphor for battle: Iwo Jima. But she insisted she wasn't trying to compete with Ryan for attention.
Here are the clips from their speeches. You be the judge. (Transcripts here.)
- Michele Bachmann vs. Paul Ryan: The videos
- Michele Bachmann SOTU response transcript
- CNN justifies airing Bachmann's SOTU speech
- Bachmann flubs history of slavery and the Founding Fathers
- Bachmann plans her own State of the Union address
- Bachmann in Iowa to "set the table" for 2012
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.