You just never know when the microphone is on and the tape is rolling. That's why, this morning, we can bring you behind-the-scenes video of Michele Bachmann primping for her big State of the Union address last night.
Shut the doors, she tells an off-camera aide while adjusting her hair and jacket, and shifting around nervously. "Post outside so nobody comes in."[jump]
More shifting. More primping. "OK, baby," she says, admiring her reflection. Then, to someone off the camera: "Did you get the cupcakes?"
And, just roll tape:
Hat tip: Crooks and Liars.
- Michele Bachmann helpfully shows unemployment falling
- Michele Bachmann vs. Paul Ryan: The videos
- Michele Bachmann SOTU response transcript
- CNN justifies airing Bachmann's SOTU speech
- Bachmann flubs history of slavery and the Founding Fathers
- Bachmann plans her own State of the Union address
- Bachmann in Iowa to "set the table" for 2012
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president