Michele Bachmann poses beside "Kenyan village idiot" sign [PHOTO]
Rep. Michele Bachmann happily plays into the birther conspiracy hokum that President Barack Obama was born in Kenya, not America.
So maybe it's not a surprise that at a 200-strong tea party rally in our nation's capital on Thursday, with a scrum of press photographers looking on, she allowed herself to be photographed beside a sign that read, "Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing its idiot."
Somewhere in Stillwater, a tea party is missing its birther.
Bachmann and the birthers:
- Bachmann refuses to acknowledge Obama citizenship
- Bachmann embraces birther Orly Taitz
- Bachmann doubles down with birthers on GMA
- Bachmann won't show her birth certificate
- Tim Pawlenty: Barack Obama really is American
- Tim Pawlenty vs. Donald Trump, Birther
Barack Obama's birth certificate:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.