Michele Bachmann fights narcoterrorism
Like this Mexican soldier, Bachmann will have deal with real gangstas.
Rep. Michele Bachmann, who hid in the bushes from gays and lesbians in St. Paul, is now meeting with foreign leaders in the war against narcoterrorism.
She's just back from undisclosed locations in Mexico and Colombia on a junket with the House Intelligence Committee.
Presidential race watchers speculate Bachmann may use the trip last week to try to boost her gravitas as a possible 2012 White House candidate.
Nowhere to go but up, there.
And maybe now she'll park the nonsense about gangsta government in America, since she's going to being dealing with chillingly real thugs and gangstas who've infiltrated whole governments and armies.
More than 10,000 people have been killed in Mexico's drug war alone since January 2007.
In the meantime, her trip south of the border kept her from her usual rounds of self promotion, including a Tea Party Patriots gathering gathering in Arizona, where she placed dead last in the group's straw poll of possible presidential candidates.
More Michele Bachmann coverage:
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president
- Michele Bachmann looked into the wrong SOTU camera on purpose
- Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin"
- Bill Clinton calls Michele Bachmann divorced from reality on healthcare
- Michele Bachmann flunks slavery history again
- Michele Bachmann vs. Michelle Obama in breastfeeding war
- New York Times quotes anonymous City Pages blog commenter on Bachmann
- In New York Post, James Lileks complains about our Michele Bachmann coverage
- Bachmann calls on Glenn Beck to solve the national debt crisis
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Minneapolis loses West Bank icon Chester
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Black Lives Matter races cops to the Twin Cities Marathon, protests peacefully
- Glenville kids have been harassing an elderly woman for decades