Michele Bachmann concentrates on district work ... in Hawaii
Michele Bachmann has apparently been inundated this week with calls from reporters wanting her take on the freedom-loving protesters in Cairo. But our most famous congresswoman just isn't picking up the line. She's busy with "district work," her staff says.
Turns out that Bachmann is far, far away from Minnesota's District 6 today--she's in Hawaii, giving a talk to teabaggers in Honolulu. Grassroot Institute of Hawaii, the event organizer, calls Bachmann "a potential 2012 presidential candidate, as she presented the Tea Party response to the State of the Union address on Tuesday," who will give insight into this 2011 Congressional session.
Perhaps by "district work," the Bachmann staffer meant "her future district as president"? She already heads up the Tea Party Caucus in the House of Representatives. Two weeks ago, she visited Iowa to "set the table" for a possible 2012 presidential run.
Her latest and greatest was a crazy-eyed response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union speech last week. Though Rep. Paul Ryan was the official GOP speaker, Bachmann addressed the country on behalf of the Tea Party, and even CNN thought she was important enough to broadcast live.
Perhaps the country will soon have a three-party system after all.
Previous Michele Bachmann Coverage:
- Michele Bachmann looked into the wrong SOTU camera on purpose
- Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin"
- Michele Bachmann SOTU behind-the-scenes video
- Michele Bachmann vs. Paul Ryan: The videos
- CNN justifies airing Bachmann's SOTU speech
- Bachmann flunks history of slavery and the Founding Fathers
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Kitty Westin wants to save parents from having to bury a child
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner says toy hamster stole her name and her looks
- Metro Transit reviewing alleged beating of autistic teen Marcus Abrams