Michele Bachmann calls on Glenn Beck to solve the debt crisis
Glenn Beck explains the world.
Down in South Carolina over the weekend, Michele Bachmann declared to a gathering of a few hundred Republicans that the tax code is a "weapon of mass destruction," and asserted in all seriousness that we ought to put Glenn Beck in charge of solving the debt crisis.
The tax code has crippled the economy, Bachmann insisted, and the national debt is destroying us all. We can't trust the president to solve the problem, because "he's bending down to dictators, and he is brown-nosing the elites that are in Europe, and he's babying the jihadists."
But Bachmann knows where to turn for help.
"We need to simply tell people the facts, like Glenn Beck, with that chalkboard, that man can explain anything. I think if we give Glenn Beck the numbers, he can solve this."
We have a pretty good guess what Beck will suggest.
Glenn Beck solves the national debt crisis.
More Michele Bachmann coverage:
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president
- Michele Bachmann looked into the wrong SOTU camera on purpose
- Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin"
- Bill Clinton calls Michele Bachmann divorced from reality on healthcare
- Michele Bachmann flunks slavery history again
- Michele Bachmann vs. Michelle Obama in breastfeeding war
- New York Times quotes anonymous City Pages blog commenter on Bachmann
- In New York Post, James Lileks complains about our Michele Bachmann coverage
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes