Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty also-rans in Gallup poll
Tim Pawlenty has been on the road and in front of TV cameras incessantly to promote his book and his White House ambitions.
Michele Bachmann happily feeds rumors that she wants to be president, too; she practically has an endowed chair at Fox News; and her attacks on Barack Obama are getting more and more outlandish.
Ho hum, Republican voters say in the latest Gallup poll.
It's true that they're not sure yet who they want as their presidential nominee in 2012. Mike Huckabee (18%), Mitt Romney (16%), and Sarah Palin (16%) lead the poll in what Gallup calls a statistical dead heat.
But Republicans are pretty sure so far that they want nothing to do with either Bachmann (4%) or Pawlenty (3%).
The news for T-Paw appears especially frustrating. He has spent months carefully choreographing his coming out as a contender, sending all the right signals to social conservatives on all the hot-button issues.
But Gallup says none of this has registered with Republicans in general. He went from 3% support in September to 4% in November last year, and now he's back to 3%.
Gallup has no similar tracking data for Bachmann, having only included her in its latest survey.
Even so, it appears that the more Republicans hear about Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty, the less they care.
More Michele Bachmann coverage:
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president
- Michele Bachmann looked into the wrong SOTU camera on purpose
- Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin"
- Bill Clinton calls Michele Bachmann divorced from reality on healthcare
- Michele Bachmann flunks slavery history again
- Michele Bachmann vs. Michelle Obama in breastfeeding war
- New York Times quotes anonymous City Pages blog commenter on Bachmann
- In New York Post, James Lileks complains about our Michele Bachmann coverage
- Bachmann calls on Glenn Beck to solve the national debt crisis
More Tim Pawlenty coverage:
- Pawlenty chides Obama for not denouncing Libya violence that Obama already denounced
- Tim Pawlenty is National Review's cover boy
- Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann shellacked in CPAC poll
- Tim Pawlenty CPAC debt ceiling talk at odds with John Boehner
- Tim Pawlenty at CPAC: Twitter highlights
- Tim Pawlenty would rather defund the military than let gays in
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.