Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin" [VIDEO]
Meghan McCain dishes on Michele Bachmann.
Rep. Michele Bachmann flunked the history of the Founding Fathers and slavery, and she couldn't figure out which camera to look at in her State of the Union address.
Now she's got John McCain's daughter heaping on the insults.
"She not a leader of the Republican Party." McCain said yesterday. "Michele Bachmann in my opinion is no better than a poor man's Sarah Palin."
"I take none of it seriously," she said. "It is one rogue woman that can't even look into the camera directly."
Not that McCain has any respect for Palin. She famously told Jay Leno that, after she found out her father had named Palin his running mate at the 2008 RNC in St. Paul, she wept on the bus ride to the convention hall.
- Michele Bachmann SOTU behind-the-scenes video
- Michele Bachmann helpfully shows unemployment falling
- Michele Bachmann vs. Paul Ryan: The videos
- CNN justifies airing Bachmann's SOTU speech
- Bachmann flubs history of slavery and the Founding Fathers
- Bachmann in Iowa to "set the table" for 2012
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Black Lives Matter marches on the Fair with heavy police escort, few hecklers
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Vester Lee Flanagan could have just as easily bought a gun in Minnesota
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse