Mayor Rybak unveils campaign to woo business from Chicago's same-sex couples [IMAGES]
B FRESH Photography for City Pages
When Mayor R.T. Rybak officiated 46 same-sex weddings in the early morning of Aug. 1 -- the day same-sex marriage became legal in Minnesota -- the ceremonies took place at his stomping grounds, Minneapolis City Hall.
But now, Rybak is taking his support for gay marriage on the road. This morning, he arrived in Chicago to unveil a new ad campaign designed to entice Illinois's same-sex couples to bring their wedding parties -- and wedding dollars -- to Minneapolis.
- Gay marriage could boost Minnesota economy by $45 million, says report
- VIDEO: Watch Minnesota's first two same-sex newlyweds say their vows
- The 12 best things about gay marriage in Minnesota
Click to enlarge.
And here's the second:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Rising rents putting the hurt on Twin Cities working folks
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- What does Black Lives Matter want from the Minnesota Fair?
- The dentist lion killer Halloween costume is here