More bad news for Brett Favre in the wake of last week's $50,000 fine in the Jenn Sterger saga. Massage therapists Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole have sued the quarterback, the New York Jets and a jets employee.
Like the Sterger mess, Favre's latest trouble involves unwanted text messages.
"Kind of lonely tonight. I guess I have bad intentions," Favre allegedly said in one text to the women in 2008, when he and they worked for the Jets.[jump]
"You and crissy want to get together im alone," he said in another.
The New York Post reports that the women are claiming sexual harassment, and that they were questioned by the NFL in its probe of Favre. The quarterback's indiscretion was first discovered by the husband of one of the two women, who worked at the Jets summer camp on Long Island in 2008. Their lawyer says the women demanded an apology from Favre that never came.
Sterger, who claims she had evidence that Favre not only sent her lewd messages but also photographs, has not yet taken legal action. But through her lawyer last week it was clear that she, like Scavo and O'Toole, regarded the NFL's $50,000 penalty against Favre to be nothing less than an "affront to all females."
As for Favre, he said Sunday that he's through with his NFL career. But with these lawsuits, and maybe more, his name's going to be in the news for a long time to come.
The Favre File:
- Sterger's lawyer: NFL's Favre decision "an affront to all females"
- Jenn Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Deadspin defends Brett Favre naked in crocs story
- Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
- Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin (Warning: Graphic photos)
- NFL checks out Brett Favre's penis
- Jenn Sterger threatens to go public on Brett Favre
- Favre disciplined by NFL in sext case