Lindsey Vonn is the most-searched Olympian of all time... of course she is [PHOTOS]
The most-searched Olympian of all time is certainly easy on the eyes. Think it's a coincidence?
Yahoo! recently released a list of the 20 most-searched Olympians on its network, and don'tcha know, Lindsey Vonn's name has been searched more than any other athlete.
"The media darling of the Vancouver Games nearly lapped the field in Yahoo!'s search metrics," the list says. Vonn, born in St. Paul and raised in Burnsville, took gold in 2010 in the downhill and bronze in the Super-G. Yahoo! noted that the 28 year old "dominated NBC's airwaves throughout the Games" and "could be a major player in Olympiads to come."
That's all well and good, but let's be real -- there have been many, many American Olympians more decorated than Vonn. The reason she's number one? We'll take a look at it after the jump.
As much as we'd like to believe that browsers are searching Vonn because of this...
... let's be real: she's a search-engine superstar because of this:
Here's Yahoo!'s top 10:
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Shawn Johnson
4. Greg Louganis
5. Venus Williams
6. Michael Phelps
7. Murray Rose
8. Nastia Liukin
9. Kristi Yamaguchi, Tonya Harding, and Nancy Kerrigan
10. Nadia Comaneci
And for the entire slideshow, click here.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Nicole Curtis hates 'affordable housing' that replaced south Minneapolis homes
- Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau will keep her job, but not without critics
- Minnetonka Schools remain oddly silent after teen assaults Chris Carr's daughter
- Luke McAvoy, ex-Minnesota football player, comes out in powerful essay