Reader Rhonda Teske responds to Piss, dope, beggars & blow jobs: Welcome to the Lake Street Met Transit Station:
Come on, Minneapolis! Step up your game! All of you sensitive people turning this into a race thing, shame on you!
This is a transit station, not a homeless shelter, not a public restroom, not a hotel room, and not a bar. It's not even a place for a social gathering.
I would expect that when anyone hops off a bus or train at that location, it would be a safe place for a resident or visitor to pass through without being accosted by anyone for any reason whatsoever.
Don't simply sit back and call horrified observers bigots. Put your money where your mouth is. You donate to your local shelter, food shelf, or halfway house. Spare us from your self-righteous lecturing. We are tired of you.
Take care of your community instead of extending your long pointy index finger.
- Mayoral candidate Ray Dehn wants Minneapolis Police disarmed
- Long commutes save Minneapolis from becoming suburban and boring
- Minneapolis business owners strike back at proposed menthol cigarette ban
- Imagine whitewater rapids coursing through downtown Minneapolis
- Piss, dope, beggars & blow jobs: Welcome to the Lake Street Met Transit Station