Keith Ellison accuses Tim Pawlenty of drinking "the Kool-Aid"
Who is Tim Pawlenty? Recent polls suggest that few Republicans know or care when it comes to the 2012 presidential race. And a lot of Minnesotans are scratching their heads as he moves further and further to the right to court tea partiers.
Now comes Rep. Keith Ellison, co-chair of the House Progressive Caucus, to slam the former governor as a tool of billionaire GOP donors who has left his blue-collar St. Paul roots far in the rear-view mirror.
He has drank the Kool-Aid. And he's going to get up there on the course of this presidential campaign and tell you all about how his father was a truck driver in South St. Paul. Well you know what, that was a long time ago. And he has no connection to that anymore. And I would only imagine what he would do to the truck drivers of South St. Paul today.
T-Paw's a plugger, though. He'll be in Iowa today with Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and other assorted Republicans at an Iowa Faith & Freedom Coalition in Waukee.
More on Tim Pawlenty
- Obama thrashes Pawlenty in NBC-Wall Street Journal poll
- Pawlenty will run for president or get off the pot in two weeks
- Tim Pawlenty Episode III: Revenge of the Tea Party [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Reloaded: 2 Pawlenty 2 Furious [VIDEO]
- Tim Pawlenty's new movie trailer is awesomely over-the-top [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty blockbusters: T-Pocalypse Now, Bravepaw, & more [SLIDESHOW]
- Pawlenty chides Obama for not denouncing Libya violence that Obama already denounced
- Tim Pawlenty is National Review's cover boy
- Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann shellacked in CPAC poll
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.