Although we were rebuffed yet again at the door, we inched closer to the truth about Zeeboid.
We once again talked to John Kalal, the same friend who answered the door when we came calling last week. He's still on door duty taking info from reporters and still wouldn't let us speak to the Arnolds.
But as for the name on Pete Arnold's vanity plate on the blue Neon still parked in the driveway?
"It's just his internet handle," said Kalal. "It's his own personal thing."Well, there you have it -- someone in real life acknowledges Pete Arnold has an online identity known as Zeeboid. And Zeeboid, we know, has lots of interesting ideas about abortion being murder not to mention a tendency to mess with Wikipedia entries that dispute his conservative viewpoints. As for John Kalal, he turns out to be quite the character himself. We've got his mugshot and rap sheet, and it's hardly the sterling resume you'd expect from the spokesman of a not-at-all-fake online abortion poll like BirthOrNot.com.
UPDATE: John Kalal's mugshot: Meet the wholesome spokesman for BirthOrNot.com
UPDATE 2: Alisha Arnold loses job after BirthOrNot hoax
The Birthornot Files:
- Pete and Alisha Arnold want you to vote on their abortion
- Birthornot.com: Is it a hoax or not?
- Birthornot.com owners: It's not a hoax
- Birthornot.com owners won't talk on video
- Zeeboid license plate: The smoking gun in the Birthornot hoax
- Gawker falls for BirthOrNot abortion hoax by its own trollish commenter
BirthOrNot.com: Anatomy of an Internet Hoax
- John Kalal admits Pete Arnold is Zeeboid the Internet Troll
John Kalal's mugshot: Meet the wholesome spokesman for BirthOrNot.com